Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. is dedicated to providing professional cultural resources services for research, historic preservation efforts, and assistance with National Historic Preservation Act compliance. We offer the full range of services and professional assistance for all phases of archaeological and historical investigations, including archaeological and architectural history survey, site evaluation, excavations, historic research and documentation, grant proposal preparation, National Register of Historic Places nominations, and preservation planning.
- Your project is important to us. We will work closely with you to ensure we fulfill your project's requirements. We are committed to providing excellent service for our clients.
- We pride ourself on producing high quality work. Each Principal Investigator on our professional team holds an advanced degree and has extensive experience in archaeological fieldwork and project management.
- We turn projects around quickly and will work within your time frame. Just let us know your schedule.
- Our prices are competitive.
work complies with State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) requirements. Our
Principal Investigators meet and exceed the
Secretary of Interior's Professional Qualification Standards.
- We are knowledgeable of the relevant laws, regulations, and procedures required for Section 106 review.
- Deliverables: Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. provides a complete report of investigations containing synthesized conclusions and concise, understandable recommendations for every project. We will submit copies of our report directly to the involved federal agencies at your request.
Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. has completed numerous projects for engineering firms, private developers, municipal governments, county engineers, conservation boards, environmental firms, city administrators, councils of government, rural water systems, and utility companies, as well as state and federal agencies. We complete projects that require federal agency permits or are funded by federal dollars including stimulus funds, disaster relief funds, Hazard Mitigation grants, CDBG funds, Rural Development grants, and other federal grant programs. We also conduct surveys for state funding sources including the State Revolving Fund program, transportation funds, State Historical Society grants, and others. We conduct archaeological investigations across the Midwest.
Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. is a member of the American Cultural Resources Association, which promotes professionalism and ethical business standards within our industry. Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. has been certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) by the Iowa Department of Transportation.