Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. is dedicated to providing professional cultural resources services for assistance with National Historic Preservation Act compliance, research, and historic preservation efforts. We offer the full range of services and professional assistance for all phases of archaeological and historical investigations, including reconaissance and intensive-level archaeological and architectural history surveys, National Register of Historic Places eligibility evaluations, data recovery excavations, historic research and documentation, archaeological monitoring, historic booklet preparation and publication, and preservation management planning.
professional staff has over 100 years of combined
experience. Each of our Principal
Investigators holds an advanced degree, exceeds the Secretary of Interior's
Professional Qualification Standards, and has extensive experience in
archaeological fieldwork and project supervision.
- As an independent, private company, we will represent the interests of YOU, OUR CLIENT, in our work. Unlike a state agency, which represents the interests and missions of the state, we will help to facilitate projects through the review process with YOUR interests in mind. And unlike a large engineering firm, we specialize in cultural resources work and personalized service.
comply with State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) requirements and have a proven rapport with state and federal
- We operate from two
strategically located offices in Anamosa and Ames, Iowa, to conveniently serve
Iowa and surrounding states.
prices are competitive.
have the knowledge and experience to make projects shovel ready without holdups.
- We provide complete reports of
investigations containing synthesized conclusions and concise
recommendations for every project.
- As a majority woman-owned company, we
are certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) by the Iowa Department of
- We have been a member of the American Cultural Resources
Association (ACRA) since 2004. ACRA promotes professionalism and ethical business standards within our industry.
- We are fully and amply insured.
Please feel welcome to contact us with any questions or requests for additional information. We would be eager to speak with you, and we hope to have an opportunity to work with you in the future.